I have worked on several projects and prototypes for third parties using the various technologies above over the last several years.
- Member of the Sage Business Cloud Payroll UKI team.
- Involved in design sessions, implemented new features and fixed bugs.
- Participated in Sprint retrospectives, Sprint Planning sessions and daily Stand-ups.
- Implemented new UI using Carbon (An open-source ReactJS UI Component Library developed by Sage).
- Investigated customer issues, provided fixes and worked with Customer Service to resolve the impacted customer.
- Created Sahi automation scripts to test application features.
- Heavily involved with increasing application performance.
- Optimised database queries and implemented eager/lazy loading where appropriate to reduce response times.
- Benchmarked the application to prove the optimisations were successful.
- Monitored New Relic and Sumo Logic to spot live issues, monitor performance and locate problem areas.
- Worked closely with team members to reduce key person dependencies.
- Central in upgrading Payroll from Rails 3.2 to 4.2 and mentored team members on necessary changes.
- Worked with external teams and individuals to resolve issues and implement new features.
- Mentored new team members, prepared tutorials and learning materials for them and provided guidance.
- Managed tasks and progress through JIRA.
- Upgraded the leave management system with new and updated features.
- Incorporated log4j in existing Java classes using a custom developed appender class.
- Created a web application to allow IT members to view the logs generated by log4j.
- Developed an algorithm to analyse company director’s searches to provide the user with more accurate results.
- Upgraded one of the company’s sister sites with a new style and new features.
- Implemented general bug fixes and tests for the suite of websites under the company.
- Liaised with senior staff to discuss a complete website redesign incorporating their comments and decisions.
- Redesigned and updated the main application including the flagship products, the company and credit report.
- Ensured all pages were mobile responsive and browser compatible.
- Managed tasks and progress through Trello.
- Lectured first and second year students Object Oriented Programming using Java.
- Lectured Software Development using Java.
- Prepared extensive lecture materials.
- Participated in multiple lab sessions.
- Assisted students in completing lab exercises.
- Ran a successful series of workshops providing students with extra revision and support.
- Mentored students in one to one sessions.
- Reviewed modules for new college courses and offered feedback.
- Temporary development position, worked on a team of two.
- Developed the first prototype of a new application for the company to allow users pay utility bills online.
- Complex application that utilized ASP.NET MVC using C# and a layered architecture.
- Created concept templates and ideas for the product.
- Researched jQuery techniques and plugins that would best suit the application.
- Quickly learned how to integrate with existing systems using C#.
- Refined interface to improve overall usability.
- Developed a new system for the company to analyse weather information and chart climate change.
- Advanced skills in C programming were required and used.
- Converted research into C programs to create highly complex algorithms to calculate various climate change indices.
- Created extensive bash shell scripts to automate operations.
- Converted data into user understandable graphs.
- Created a web interface to access data.